Oil and Gas
Resourceful Support in the Quest for New Resources
Oil and gas companies face many challenges as they explore and develop new energy sources in an environment of complex regulations, global competition and challenging economic conditions. Freese and Nichols supports your efforts with a flexible, client-specific approach with custom-tailored services designed to meet the unique needs of each client. You may need a complete range of services to take a project from planning to start-up, or you may need experienced staff to augment your capabilities on a short-term basis. From economic and feasibility studies to detailed engineering, we can help you with quality, cost-effective solutions that achieve your goals.
Oil and Gas Engineering Services
We provide a full range of services to support O&G developers and midstream companies in all shale plays across the nation.
- Project and Program Management
- Regulatory Approvals and Permit Acquisition: TxDOT Experts
- Full Staff of Professional Engineers
- Mechanical, Process and Pipeline: One of the nation's leading surge analysts
- Civil and Structural: One of the largest Texas-based civil firms
- Electrical and Instrumentation: SCADA, Controls, Distribution and Communications
- Drafting and Design: AutoCAD, CADWorx, Civil/3D, Mapping and GIS
- Environmental: Geotechnical, Archeological, Emissions and Air & Water Quality
- Shop and Field Inspection
- Construction Management
- Drone HD Video and LIDAR Technology
Types of Projects We Support
Freese and Nichols covers all types of facility projects dealing with water, oil and gas, as well as gathering and transmission pipelines of any diameter and distance.
- Water: One of the largest water engineering firms in Texas. Saltwater Gathering and Disposal, Fresh and Produced System Planning, Desalination, Produced Water Reuse, and Storage Pits
- Oil: Terminals, Storage, Pump Stations, LACT, Processing and Stabilization
- Gas: Compression, Metering, Process and Treating, Plant Relocations, Balance-of-Plant Designs, CNG Fueling Stations
- Pipeline: Gathering, Transmission, Interconnects, Laterals, Surge Analysis, Alignment Sheets, HDD, TxDOT, ROW and Utility Coordination
- Process Safety Management: P&ID As-Builts, PSI Library Development, Operator Training, Operating Procedures, PHA/HAZOP Facilitation