Mission Accomplished at ASCE Pipelines
Freese and Nichols made a big impact at the 2014 American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE Pipelines Conference, August 3-6 in Portland, Ore. Besides socializing with awards luncheon guest speaker and former astronaut Colonel Rick Searfoss, we were a Copper Sponsor for the conference, and many employees attended, presented and moderated technical sessions.
Pictured: Col. Searfoss with Elizabeth Blackwelder, Transmission and Utilities, Fort Worth
Sunday, Aug. 3
Elizabeth Blackwelder and Alan Hutson, Treatment, Transmission and Utilities, Houston, presented the "Using Envision Concepts to Achieve Pipeline Sustainability" workshop
Monday, Aug. 4
- David Bennett, Treatment Transmission and Utilities, San Antonio, presented "Regional Carrizo Program: Planning, Design, and Construction of a Fast-Track Urban Pipeline."
- Scott Maughn, Transmission and Utilities, Dallas, presented "Design, Pipe Material Selection and Manufacture for the Lake Texoma Outfall Raw Water Pipeline: Genesis of a Fast-Paced Large Diameter Project."
- Jeff Payne, Transmission and Utilities, Dallas, moderated a session on the Condition Assessment track
Tuesday, Aug. 5
- Anne Carrel and Stephanie Cecil, Treatment, Transmission and Utilities, Austin, presented "Mary Rhodes Phase 2 – Arming the Texas Coastal Bend Against Drought."
- Rusty Gibson, Transmission and Utilities, Fort Worth, presented "The TRWD 108-Inch Line J – Lessons Learned from the IPL Prototype Project."
- Zach Huff, Transmission and Utilities, Fort Worth, presented "Design Challenges and Solutions to a River Water Transmission System."
- Scott Maughn and Stephanie Cecil presented "Outside Influences on Large Diameter Pipeline Route Selection Processes" and "Testing the Quality of Pipeline Joint Protection Installation."
- David Bennett moderated a session on the Planning to Design track
Wednesday, Aug. 6
- David Bennett and Trooper Smith, Treatment, Transmission and Utilities, Austin, presented "Two Early Christmas Breaks, But a Happy New Year Emergency Pipeline Project."
- Scott Maughn moderated a session on the Construction track