You are here

Texas and United States DROUGHT OUTLOOK

In the July 2017 Climate Prediction Center update, the continuance of ENSO-neutral is favored throughout the fall and winter of 2017-18. The ENSO-neutral prediction carries about 50-55 percent confidence level. Chances of El Niño remain elevated (~35-45 percent). If El Niño were to develop, it could mean wetter weather across the southwest U.S. To read more, click here.

In the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) U.S. Seasonal Drought Outlook update covering July through October 2017, drought conditions are expected to persist in Montana, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, California, Arizona and Hawaii. Additionally, drought conditions are expected to develop in western Montana and northern Idaho. All remaining areas are expected to improve or have their drought condition removed entirely by the end of the season. To view the last NOAA U.S. Seasonal Drought Outlook map, click here.

 

The links below will direct you to information on La Niña, ENSO, the NOAA seasonal drought outlook and other forecasts and models.

Recommended Sites

 

Additional Information and Data

 
 

Subscribe to our Blogs

TagsLa Nina, Forecasts, Drought Outlook, Drought Maps, Climate,

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.