Freese and Nichols at Texas Water
Texas Water 2014 is just around the corner, and Freese and Nichols will once again be in attendance to offer a variety of relevant, local project presentations and posters to attendees.
If you are attending, you can connect with one of our professionals in booth 107/109. We also invite you to join us at one of our technical sessions. Here’s a look at the papers, presentations and posters we will be sharing at this year’s conference in Dallas.
Tuesday, April 15
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. Impacts of Drought Persistence Tom Gooch, Jon Albright and Spandana Tummuri, all Freese and Nichols, with Brad Brunett, Brazos River Authority
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Know In Case You Glow: Dealing with Radioactive Sludge Leonard Ripley, Freese and Nichols, with James Hotopp and Lydia Ruiz, both City of Weatherford
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Integrated Water Supply Planning Using Multiple Scenarios Spandana Tummuri, Freese and Nichols, with Dan Buhman, Buhman Associates, and Kirk Westphal, CDM Smith
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Tips for Conducting Effective Meetings Jason Crawley, Freese and Nichols
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Two Contractors are Cheaper Than One and Other Challenges of the Birkdale Lift Station Project Charles Kucherka, Freese and Nichols, with Richard (Bo) Botteicher, Underground Solutions
- 4:15 – 4:45 p.m. Through Buildout and Beyond: Master Planning Outside of the Growth-Related CIP Jessica Brown and Andrew Franko, both Freese and Nichols, with Robert Stanley, Arlington Water Utilities
- 4:45 – 5:15 p.m. Regional Carrizo Program: A Fast-Track Urban Pipeline; Planning, Design and Construction David Bennett, Freese and Nichols, with Sean Reich, San Antonio Water System
Wednesday, April 16
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Design Challenges and Solutions to a River Water Transmission System Daneel Nortier and Zachary Huff, both Freese and Nichols
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Arming Against Drought: Extending the Largest Raw Water Transmission System in the Texas Coastal Bend Anne Carrel and Stephanie Jenkins, both Freese and Nichols
- 4:15 – 4:45 p.m. Ready…Set…Redevelopment! A Proactive Approach to Creating Water and Wastewater CIPs to Plan for High Density Urban Growth Jessica Brown, Freese and Nichols, with Wendy Chi-Babulal, City of Fort Worth, and Mazen Kawasmi, City of Grand Prairie
- 4:45 – 5:15 p.m. Implications of Total Nitrogen Limits at a Typical Texas Coast WWTP Nick Landes, Freese and Nichols
Thursday, April 17
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. AO, TWDB and CDBG: What Does that Mean for the Springtown Wastewater Treatment Facility? Matthew Jalbert, Freese and Nichols, and Mark Krey, City of Springtown
- 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. Building the Basin – The 125 Million Gallon Peak Flow Storage System at the TRA CRWS Plant Jason Crawley and Gennady Boksiner, both Freese and Nichols, with Mike Querry, Trinity River Authority, and Noel Ruiz, CP&Y
Posters will be displayed in the Trinity Art Corridor and Rotunda area, Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
- A Quest For Compliance with the Stage 2 DBP Rule
- Lake Worth Dredging Program – A Century of Lessons Learned
If you’re unable to catch us at a technical session or in our exhibit booth, you can visit us at any number of the conference events where we are participating:
- Operations Challenge Events – Safety and Maintenance Event Judges
- University Forum – Judge
- Seepex Exhibition Event – Competitors
We look forward to seeing you at Texas Water!