The Holly Water Treatment Plant is the City of Fort Worth’s oldest water treatment plant, designed by Freese and Nichols in 1930. FNI provided construction management of a major 80-MGD upgrade at the facility that included new filters, enhanced sedimentation facilities, backwash clarification and other related facilities.
The second phase of this same construction project included new pre‐ozonation facilities, maintenance facility, office, operator work areas and classroom facilities. The existing buildings at the plant are recognized as historically and architecturally significant, requiring special attention during construction. The high service pump station is a nationally registered historic landmark.
The challenge was to design and construct modern, reliable facilities that produce exceptional quality water without jeopardizing production capacity or detracting from the historical character of the campus. Innovative adaptation allowed these competing objectives to be met in several areas.
City of Fort Worth
Construction Services, Water/Wastewater Treatment and Reuse