The North Holly Water Treatment Plant was first constructed in 1892, and remains a critical component of the City of Fort Worth’s water production facilities with a rated capacity of 80 MGD. A major plant upgrade was completed in 2002 and included new rapid mix and filters, enhanced flocculation and sedimentation facilities, backwash clarification and other related facilities. These upgrades were accommodated without acquiring additional space for new facilities, leading to several interesting design challenges.
Earlier improvements at both the South Holly and North Holly plants accommodated amendments to the federal Safe Drinking Water Act, including complete replacement of the chlorine and ammonia feed facilities at both plants, construction of filter backwash clarification facilities and filter renovation at the south plant and chemical feed improvements at both plants. Emergency gas scrubbers were included at both plants to improve safety of disinfection facilities.
City of Fort Worth
Construction Services, Water/Wastewater Treatment and Reuse