Freese and Nichols has designed several phases of the Beaumont Water Treatment Plant, including a filtration plant in 1929 and uprating of the North Plant in 1983 using the first pulsed bed solids contact unit in Texas. In 2003, FNI completed design of a 14-MGD expansion, which raised the plant's capacity to 40 MGD. The new expansion includes two additional Pulsator solids contact clarifiers and a new two-stage rapid mix chamber.
The latest expansion also included a new filter complex with dual media, deep-bed filters. The filters replaced the aging filters at the plant, which were subject to structural and mechanical deterioration, as well as depth and size limitations. Renovation of the chemical feed equipment and chlorine storage facilities is now underway as a subsequent project. FNI is providing general and resident representation services throughout construction.
City of Beaumont
Construction Services, Water/Wastewater Treatment and Reuse