About Annual Enrollment
Annual enrollment is the time each year when you may enroll in, change, or drop benefit coverage. Some things to do during annual enrollment:
- Update your personal information in Workday
- Review your options, including any newly-offered benefits
- Enroll or make changes to your current benefit elections
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in one of the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
- Start or change contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Review beneficiaries in Workday
Highlights for 2023: Continuing to Keep Your Costs Low
While there are no major changes to the Freese and Nichols health and wellness plans this year, there are a couple of important highlights:
1. The cost of your insurance remains the same, which we are excited to be able to provide this year.
2. Beginning in 2023, Freese and Nichols will make up to a $1,000 contribution to your Dependent Care Account. A Dependent Care FSA helps participants save money on eligible dependent care services, such as child (up to age 13) or adult daycare, before or after school programs, summer day camp, and more!
- Freese and Nichols will make up to a $1,000 contribution to your Dependent Care account.
- You will be given a password locker for you and your family through Security Keeper. This cyber security password locker can identify and protect against breach activity, theft, and sabotage.
What's the Same
- BlueCross BlueShield will continue to provide our medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Alight will still be your Healthcare Advocate.
- Unum will continue to provide many products to protect you financially: Life Insurance, Critical Illness and Accident Coverage.
- WEX will continue to manage your FSA/HSA accounts.
- After you have met the deductible on the HDHP, non-preventative expenses will still be covered by the plan at 100% in-network.
- Consider enrolling in the added benefits Freese and Nichols provides, beyond your normal insurance options.
- Beginning October 24, all employees will need to make benefit elections in Workday.
- If you don’t complete open enrollment, most of your current health and insurance coverages will continue in 2023. However, your Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care, and Health Savings Account (HSA) will not continue unless you re-enroll.
Medical, Dental, and Vision
While there are no major changes to the health and wellness plans this year, we are pleased to keep the costs of your insurance the same. Here are a few highlights and reminders:
- We partner with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) to administrator our medical plans. You can choose between three medical plans options:
- Deductibles for our plans are not changing for 2023. Last year, we reduced your out-of-pocket maximums in both the HDHP and the Base PPO plan.
- After you have met your deductible on the HDHP, non-preventative expenses will be covered by the plan at 100% in-network.
- No changes for the Buy Up plan.
- No changes for the dental and vision plan design and options.
- Our comprehensive vision plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas is powered by EyeMed Vision Care.
Medical, Dental and Vision Resources
Here are a few resources for making the most of your plans. If you would like to talk through your options, call Blue Cross Blue Shield at 800-521-2227.
Find in-network medical doctors and facilities
Are your providers in the BCBS network? Click below to search the Blue Choice PPO network.SEARCH BCBS NETWORK
Find in-network dentists
Click below to search the BlueCare Dental PPO network.SEARCH BCBS NETWORK
Find in-network vision providers
BCBS uses the EyeMed provider network. Click below to search for providers.SEARCH EYEMED NETWORK
Medical and Dental Mobile App
Download the BCBS mobile app for your smartphone and have your benefits with you wherever you go. You’ll have access to your digital ID cards with a tap of a finger.DOWNLOAD BCBS APP
Have You Thought About Switching to the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)?
Don’t let the words “high deductible” scare you. This is a good time to understand how much you use the health plan — and consider when the last time was that you met your deductible. There are advantages of enrolling in the plan, including the Health Savings Account (HSA). This account is yours and rolls over year-to-year. One major perk with the HSA? Freese and Nichols provides you with money every year to help you cover your deductible.
Free Preventive Drugs for HDHP Members
If you enroll in the HDHP medical plan, there are certain preventive generic drugs that are covered at 100% and not subject to the deductible. Medications on this list include drugs in the categories of anticoagulants/antiplatelets, bowel preparation, breast cancer primary prevention, contraceptives, depression, diabetes medications, diabetic supplies, fluoride, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, respiratory, tobacco cessation, and vaccines. Another way enrolling in the HDHP can help save you money!VIEW THE LIST
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
A Flexible Savings Account (FSA) is a type of savings account that allows you to save money for specific, qualified expenses. These accounts have limits set by the IRS. Freese and Nichols offers a few different accounts that you may elect funds in:
- Healthcare FSA: covers health expenses such as prescription drugs, insurance copayments and deductibles and medical devices. This account can be partnered with the base PPO or buy up PPO plans.
- Limited Purpose FSA: covers qualifying dental, vision, and preventive care expenses and can be paired with a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) and a health savings account (HSA).
- Dependent Care FSA: helps participants save money on eligible dependent care services, such as child (up to age 13) or adult daycare, before or after school programs, summer day camp, and more! Beginning in 2023, Freese and Nichols will contribute up to $1,000 to your Dependent Care account.*
*Prorated based on plan entry date.CALCULATE HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SET ASIDE
Additional elections include several benefits from Unum, including Critical Illness, Accident and Voluntary Term Life Insurance, as well as LegalShield, ID Shield and Pet Insurance from Nationwide.