JOIN OUR TEAM
Be Part of Something Bigger
By planning and designing the infrastructure our society needs, working at Freese and Nichols means positively impacting the world around us. Whether we’re developing sources of drinking water, institutions for higher learning, or major roads and bridges, we put long-term relationships first — for employees and clients alike. People notice the difference the moment they join us, and that’s reflected in our high workplace satisfaction rankings from Great Place to Work and Fortune magazine.BROWSE OUR JOB OPENINGS
A Family of Caring Professionals
Our company culture is guided by values that cultivate an environment of respect and camaraderie. We care for one another like a family, celebrating life milestones together and providing support in hard times. Our leaders’ doors are open — if you’d like to talk, you can give them a call or just drop in. Our strategic business plan and performance reports are open, too, so you’ll know how your work fits into the big picture. You’ll know that you’re part of something greater.Read about our values
We've been nationally recognized as a great place to work:
At Freese and Nichols, we balance a focus on your well-being with real rewards for your contributions.
- Paid overtime for all employees
- 401(k) matching
- Profit sharing plan
- Team bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- 529 college savings plan
- Corporate partner discounts
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Accident insurance
- Legal assistance
Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Critical illness insurance
- Optional alternate work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Remote work options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Personal leave
- Bereavement leave
- Family and medical leave
- Military leave
- Wellness subsidies
- Employee assistance programs
- Professional development courses
- Leadership training
- Technical seminars
- Mentoring program
- Paid professional organization memberships
- Licensing assistance, including exam fees and study materials
- Continuing education for re-licensing
- Conference presentation opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-owned cabins in Red River, New Mexico
- Employee recognition and awards program
- Travel assistance for personal trips
- Holiday parties
- Company picnics
- Chili cookoffs, costume contests, waffle days and more
- Partner and retail discounts
- Personal leave/vacation donation
Faces of Freese and Nichols
Our people make Freese and Nichols different. Every day they provide the innovative approaches, practical results, and outstanding service that help our communities thrive and keep our clients coming back. Meet some of our professionals:
A Place to Strengthen Your Career
Whether you’re a recent graduate or already a leader in your field, Freese and Nichols can help take your career to the next level.
- We pay your membership dues for professional organizations, and help you earn licenses and certifications.
- Freese and Nichols University offers courses on dozens of topics, ranging from presentation skills to 3D modeling.
- Our mentoring program can pair you with a guide to help you navigate career challenges.
- Looking to further your education? We offer tuition reimbursement for college-level studies.
What Our Employees Are Saying
As a veteran, I really appreciate everything Freese and Nichols has done for me and how they have helped make my transition into the civilian world successful.
In the twilight of my career, Freese and Nichols is a place that gives me the freedom to work in areas expected of me and help grow the company in the right direction.
I think this is the best career choice I could have made coming out of college. Everyone here seems to push each other in a positive way and to continuously learn and improve your skills.
I enjoy the flexibility, love and support I get from my group. It means a lot to me. I don’t think I can get that working anywhere else; it really does feel like a family. Freese and Nichols makes it easy to work and have a family at the same time.
Working at Freese and Nichols has given my career direction and purpose. I now have a passion for what I do, and it is because Freese and Nichols grooms, invests, and creates opportunities for its employees. I cannot imagine working any other place than here.
I began as an intern with Freese and Nichols in 1996 and immediately enjoyed working in a professional environment with a tight-knit family culture. Our significant growth over the past 20+ years has given me incredible project opportunities, training, development and career growth.
Ready to Start?
Browse our open positions and apply for a job that’s right for you.Job Opportunities